Rev. Dr. Gordon Myers
Dr. Gordon Myers is pastoral leader at Sunbury UMC. He and his wife, Kathryn, relocated here from their most previous church home in northeastern Ohio.
Dr. Myers is passionate about teaching scriptural doctrine and encouraging lives of service and humility.
Team Contact Information
Rev. Dr. Gordon Myers (Senior Pastor): email@example.com
Joy Manning (Worship Coordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Sharlike (Office Manager): email@example.com
Heidi Stimmel (Office Assistant):hstimmel@csharlike
Communications (Promotions and Publicity): firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a congregation of the United Methodist Church
Sunbury UMC is a United Methodist Church (UMC) congregation in the East Ohio Conference of the UMC denomination.
SUMC Administrative Council Statement (on our continued UMC affiliation)
At SUMC’s regularly scheduled Administrative Council meeting on January 24, 2023, council members entered into a discussion regarding disaffiliation and the United Methodist Church’s Book of Discipline regarding human sexuality. Following is a statement adopted by the Sunbury
UMC Administrative Council by unanimous consent:
- Local, District, and Conference leaders are upholding the Book of Discipline and we see no evidence that would warrant pursuing disaffiliation. At this point, the Administrative Council of SUMC is strongly committed to our mission and vision of serving our community as part of the United Methodist Church.
- We will continue to monitor Conference proceedings regarding disaffiliation and will address changes if they arise. As you have questions, we encourage prayer and conversations with your Administrative Council as God works through all things.
What We Believe
1. We believe in the Holy Trinity – one God that exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe God loves and wants an eternal relationship with us.
3. We believe God commands us to love others and wants to us to be engaged in service to the community and the world.
4. We believe we are forgiven and can be forgiving.
5. We believe God answers prayer.
6. We believe God did everything necessary to bring salvation to us through the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the sacraments of baptism and Holy communion.
The best next step is to engage. You’re invited to join us any Sunday morning. You can also search for a ministry or small group study you’d like visit.
Get Connected in Worship
Join us for worship this Sunday. Come to one our coming events, or contact us to find out more.
Get involved in Community Events or Service Opportunities
Serving is a great way to grow closer to God by growing closer to people. Contact us to explore existing opportunities to serve or to share ideas about how you’d like to serve.
Grow with Christian Education or in Small Group Fellowship
Bible study and ongoing fellowship with other believers is an important way to grow in Christ. Come join a group or let us know you’d like to help start more study groups.